Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

An Arrangement On West 33 - © Christopher Greco

"An Arrangement On West 33"
11x14" oil on canvas.
When I am painting, I must have a very lost or forlorn expression on my face because someone always stops and wants to tell me about Jesus.
I started this painting by blocking everything in using Yellow Ochre and Ultramarine Blue. My plan was to have some of it show through the additional layers of paint and some of it would mix into the added paint...it didn't really work out that way as I kept repainting over the top and the applications of paint became more and more opaque with a heavy impasto in some areas.

A lesson learned ...don't set up near a church, along side a thrift store on a Sunday.

Free Shipping, with no preaching!


Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300$0 s/h
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol.. i'm not a plein air painter but this was funny... :) i always feared painting outside and attracting people wanting to see what i'm doing... like i'm a street performer...


beautiful work by the way...i enjoy your descriptions for each piece..

-roy-