Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

6x6 paintings

These are paintings I am thinking about entering in a gallery competition/show. The paintings have to be six inch squares.  I chose this subject because I liked the idea of painting the huge tower on a tiny canvas. Ten years ago we were searching for a home here, this tower became the landmark we used to find our way around. For the last couple of weeks I have been exploring the various views and times of day. 
I will post individual images of the paintings when I finish the series...soon, I hope.

2 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Good morning Christopher!... I love the manner in which these little gems move... "like clockwork" literally!

Your deft... but painterly approach speaks further to that feeling of time movement.

Good luck with the exhibition thingy. Regardless... they are already "winnners"!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Unknown said...

You're following in the footsteps of Monet painting the Rouen Cathedral at different times of the day. Well done!